The Image and Look -- The TorchUpdated：2008-01-16
The Beijing Olympic Torch
The Beijing Olympic Torch has already been launched on April 26, 2007.
The Beijing Olympic Torch boasts strong Chinese characteristics, and showcases Chinese design and technical capabilities. The torch is 72 centimetres high, weighs 985 grams and can keep burning for approximately 15 minutes. The torch has been produced to withstand winds of up to 65 kilometres per hour and to stay alight in heavy rain up to 50mm an hour.
In a windless environment the flame is 25 to 30 centimetres high, and it can be identified in sunshine and areas of extreme brightness to satisfy the requirements of capturing photographic images and video footage. The torch is made of aluminium and of a curved surface form, with etching and anodising being used during its production. The fuel is propane which is environmentally friendly.
- • Tanzania to finalize Olympic torch relay [2008-01-10]
- • Service Guide of Coverage of the Beijing Olympic Torch Relay for Media outside the Mainland of China [2008-01-10]
- • Media accreditation for the Beijing Olympic Torch Relay in the Mainland of China begins [2008-01-10]
- • Bank of China becomes supplier of Beijing Olympic Torch Relay [2008-01-04]
- • Big names to join Olympics Torch Relay in Jakarta [2007-12-30]